VERSAILLES PALACE PRIVATE SHORE EXCURSION FROM LE HAVRE / HONFLEUR
Pick up and drop off at Le Havre or Honfleur Cruise Port
Drive to Versailles and Visit the Palace & Gardens
Tour Conducted by English speaking driver
1200€ per group of 2 to 8 persons maximum.
- If you want to share your tour with others, you can put it on Cruise Critic. Most of the time this gives good results. You must do this yourself as we are not accepted on their site as a professional business.
- Internal PA system with live commentaries and descriptions during driving time. Audible for everyone, wherever you are seated.
Departure time will depend on Cruise Ship timing – TBC at time of booking.
11 Hours (approx.)
Full Day Shore Excursion.
Minimum 2, Maximum 8. Larger groups please contact us.
Shared trips are available to be booked by different groups of people. For a tour to be confirmed, we need a minimum booking of 2 people.
Pick up and drop off at Ship – Le Havre or Honfleur Cruise Port
- Services of English speaking driver
- Small Group Private tour limited to 8 persons
- Transportation to Versailles Palace and visit depending on tickets purchased
- Itinerary can be customized
- Transportation in A/C vehicle
- Entrance fees to monuments or attractions
- Meals, drinks unless mentioned in the program
- Personal insurance and expenses
- Gratuities for the driver/guide
* Please Note: that it will be possible for you to book the desired Versailles Palace & Gardens entrance fees adapted to this tour during the booking process.
Embark on a vibrant Shore Excursion from Le Havre or Honfleur Port of Call to the palace of Versailles!
Departing from Le Havre or Honfleur Cruise Ports, this Normandy full day private shore excursion will take you to the breathtaking Versailles Palace.
At first we will come and pick you up at your Cruise Ship in Le Havre or Honfleur. Your driver will be waiting for you outside the terminal with a sign bearing the lead travelers name. You will then be taken to your A/C minivan where it will be time for presentations and a recap of your Versailles full day trip to come.
Your drive to Versailles from Le Havre or Honfleur ports of call is of about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Of course it will be possible to stop on the way for a small break. Please note that all our vehicles are equipped with an internal P/A system that allows the driver to make commentaries during driving time. All our vehicles are also equipped with wi-fi so that you will be able to catch up with family and friends during this time.
Reach Versailles after your driving time. Listed as a UNESCO world heritage site since 1979 , the Palace of Versailles is one of the finest architectural treasures of France. Residence of the French Monarchy from Louis XIV to Louis XVI, the Chateau de Versailles has been transformed over the centuries from a small hunting lodge built by Louis XIII to one of the most extravagant palaces wanted by his son Louis XIV.
Upon arrival you will be taken by your guide to the entrance where your visit of the Palace will begin. Please note that we do not include any tickets on the day of the tour. You must purchase your entrance tickets during the booking process as there are many different options of visit available. Depending on the tickets that you will have bought, your tour will include the visit of the main features of the Palace such as the Hall of Mirrors and the Petit Trianon building or you can purchase tickets that will allow a more in depth visit including guided tours to the King’s and the Queen’s State Apartments. If you are uncertain of which ticket to purchase don’t hesitate to contact us and one of our travel advisors will be happy to suggest the best possible option
After the visit, return to Le Havre or Honfleur port of call and drop off at your ship. This private tour can accommodate a maximum of 8 persons per minivan. The tour is fully customizable depending on your wishes. If you would like to add a visit that is missing from this description, do not hesitate to let us know!
Good to Know
- English speaking tour.
- Minimum number of 2 participants applies.
- Prices are per group of 2 to 8 persons maximum.
- Our standard cancellation policy applies to this tour – Read More Here.
Domaine de Versailles
Contagious Enthusiasm – ‘We had the most terrific guide! Very knowledgeable and enthusiastic’ – Virginia B. (Delaware, US)
Flexibility – ‘The guides really took an interest in what WE wanted to do’ Paul C. (UK)
Area Locals – ‘He was so much more than a driver. He really added local color and local flavor.’ Daniel W. (Georgia, US)
Read more about the Ophorus experience.