US D-DAY LANDING BEACHES HALF DAY FROM CHERBOURG
Visit Utah landing Beach to understand D-DAY
Discover Sainte Mère Eglise Heart of the Jump Zone for the 82nd Airborne
Small Group Tour for a more personalized experience
550 € per group of 2 to 8 persons maximum.
- If you want to share your tour with others, you can put it on Cruise Critic. Most of the time this gives good results. You must do this yourself as we are not accepted on their site as a professional business.
- Internal PA system with live commentaries and descriptions during driving time. Audible for everyone, wherever you are seated.
Departure time will depend on Cruise Ship timing – TBC at time of booking.
5 Hours (approx.)
Half Day Shore Excursion.
Minimum 2, Maximum 8. Larger groups please contact us.
Shared trips are available to be booked by different groups of people. For a tour to be confirmed, we need a minimum booking of 2 people.
Pick up and drop off at Ship – Cherbourg Port of Call
- Services of English speaking driver/guide
- Small Group Private tour limited to 8 persons
- Itinerary can be customized
- Transportation in A/C vehicle
- Entrance fees to monuments or attractions
- Meals, drinks unless mentioned in the program
- Personal insurance and expenses
- Gratuities for the driver/guide
*Note: It will be possible for you to book entrance fees to museums or attractions adapted to this tour during the booking process.
Embark on a vibrant Shore Excursion from Cherbourg Port of Call to the main US D-Day sites!
Departing from Cherbourg Cruise Port, this Normandy private half-day shore excursion will take you to the coastal battlefield grounds. On June 6, 1944, the allied troops landed on the Normandy beaches, marking the beginning of a fierce and deadly battle that would culminate in the liberation of France a few months later.
Visit Utah Beach & Sainte Mère Eglise
Among the allied troops, the Americans landed on two different beaches, later named Omaha and Utah. Today, our Normandy private half day trip will take you to Utah beach where part of the American troops landed. There, after a commented explanation by your guide of historical facts, it is possible to visit the musée du débarquement (entrance fees not included) that will tell you all about the planning and the execution of D-Day from the American side. Your guide will also take you to the US military cemetery where you can pay your respects to the ones who fell during D-Day and the battle of Normandy that followed.
To finish your half day sightseeing shore excursion tour of Normandy, you will go to the village of Sainte-Mère-Eglise, the heart of the jump zone for the 82nd Airborne U.S. forces. Indeed, the D-Day landings did not only happen from the sea! Paratroopers rained on this village, and one of them famously got caught in the tower of the church. The Airborne Museum (entrance fees not included) retraces the involvement of the paratroopers and the airborne forces in the D-Day landings.
Good to Know
- English speaking tour.
- Minimum number of 2 participants applies.
- Prices are per group of 2 to 8 persons.
- Our standard cancellation policy applies to this tour – Read More Here.
See you soon in Normandy!
Contagious Enthusiasm – ‘We had the most terrific guide! Very knowledgeable and enthusiastic’ – Virginia B. (Delaware, US)
Flexibility – ‘The guides really took an interest in what WE wanted to do’ Paul C. (UK)
Area Locals – ‘He was so much more than a driver. He really added local color and local flavor.’ Daniel W. (Georgia, US)
Read more about the Ophorus experience.