Sete Private Gourmet Walking Tour
Taste the Freshest, Regional Produce in Traditional Sete
Visit Lively Food Markets and Get a Flavor of Sete
Wander Through the Historic Village and See the Points of Interest
Meet Passionate Merchants and Discover New Ingredients
Hand-Picked Guides Only. English-Speaking, Local Experts
Click the Tabs for More Information
From 360€ Per Group – 2 to 8 persons maximum
- If you want to share your tour with others, you can put it on Cruise Critic. Most of the time this gives good results. You must do this yourself as we are not accepted on their site as a professional business.
From Tuesday to Saturday
All year round except May 1st, Dec. 25th, Jan. 1st.
Private Culinary Tour.
Minimum 2, Maximum 8.
Pick up and drop off at your ship located in Sète
- Pick up and drop off at your ship located in Sète
- Gourmet walking tour in Sète
- Tastings in several shops, market
- English speaking culinary guide
- Entrance fees
- Meals and drinks unless mentioned
- Personal expenses & insurance
Sample Local Delicacies on a Walking Tour Through Historical Sete
Embark on a vibrant Shore Excursion from Sète Port of Call to visit the historical center and participate on a gourmet tour.
Pick up and drop off at your ship in Sète Cruise Port
First, we will come and pick you up at your Ship located in Sete France. Meet your English-speaking driver who will go over the itinerary and program of the day with you for this private tour. Then begin to make your way towards the historical city center of Sète.
Short walking tour to access the historical center
Today, depart for an intimate and unique food tour of Sète. Discover this beautiful town of southern France located on the Mediterranean coast as you stroll the streets along the canals, past historical buildings and reach the historical city center.
Coined the southern Venice of France, join your English-speaking host for an intimate and highly recommended activity that will take you on the walking tour of Sète. Your guide will certainly point out the main landmarks of the town including the Mont Saint Clair and panoramic views on the Thau lagoon.
Then it will be time to sample local delicacies
Here, you will sample some of the most delicious local specialties meeting passionate merchants, getting historical and cultural tips, and who will educate your palate with their fresh produce. The visit will include delights such as pastry and chocolate, fine foods, cheeses and wines. Your culinary adventure will also take you to les Halles the harbor’s colorful and authentic fish and seafood market. Unfortunately, due to very uneven grounds this tour is not wheelchair accessible.
Our other shore excursions from Sète
We also organize several other small group shore excursions departing from Sète including wine tours where it is possible to meet wine producers and learn about the local grape varieties. The Languedoc wine region is one of the most popular these days because of its great quality price ratio. Our Day tours will also take you to the Walled city of Carcassonne and local villages such as Minerve.
Good to Know
- This activity is subject to availability at time of booking
- Tour involves some walking, comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- This tour is not recommended for persons with reduced mobility
- Price is for small groups of 2 to 8 persons (adult and child)
- Minimum age to drink alcohol is 18 years old
- For larger groups please contact us
- Possible languages: English, other languages on request
- Our standard cancellation policy applies to this tour – Read More Here.
The Ophorus Difference
Contagious Enthusiasm – ‘We had the most terrific guide! Very knowledgeable and enthusiastic’ – Virginia B. (Delaware, US)
Flexibility – ‘The guides really took an interest in what WE wanted to do’ Paul C. (UK)
Area Locals – ‘He was so much more than a driver. He really added local color and local flavor.’ Daniel W. (Georgia, US)
Read more about the Ophorus experience.