Villages of Provence Shore Excursion from Sanary Sur Mer
Start your tour by a visit of Sanary Sur Mer
Visit the seaside village of Cassis
Stop in Le Castellet Village
Hand-Picked Guides Only. English-Speaking, Local Experts
Click the Tabs for More Information
500€ Per Group 2 – 7 persons
- If you want to share your tour with others, you can put it on Cruise Critic. Most of the time this gives good results. You must do this yourself as we are not accepted on their site as a professional business.
From March to November
4 Hours (approx.)
Half Day Shore Excursion from Sanary Sur Mer or Bandol
Minimum 2, Maximum 7.
Larger groups please contact us.
Pick up and drop off at your Cruise Ship located in Sanary Sur Mer or Bandol
- Pick up and drop off at Ship – Sanary Sur Mer or Bandol Port of Call
- Services of English speaking driver/guide
- Small-Group Private tour limited to 7 persons
- Visit a Winery near Cassis & Bandol
- Itinerary can be customized
- Transportation in A/C vehicle
- Wine Tasting fees
- Entrance fees to monuments or attractions
- Meals, drinks unless mentioned in the program
- Personal insurance and expenses
- Gratuities for the driver/guide
* Please note that it will be possible for you to book entrance fees to museums or attractions adapted to this tour during the booking process.
Embark on a vibrant Shore Excursion from Sanary sur Mer or Bandol Ports of Call to Visit Fabulous Provence villages !
Today, we will come and pick you up directly at your ship. Meet your English speaking driver/guide who will go over the itinerary and program of this private tour with you. Then board your A/C vehicle and begin the tour.
Walking tour in Sanary Sur Mer
Start your tour by a visit to Sanary-sur-Mer. The pretty harbor is the center of activity in the town and a lovely place for your promenade. As you stroll around the port you will notice the numerous colorful small boats. There are 100 traditional fishing boats kept here, some more than 100 years old and some listed as historic monuments, and typical fishing boats of Provence called “points”. The port also still contains an active fishing fleet and you can buy fresh fish on the Quai here each morning. Among the buildings that line the port, you can see the Church of Saint-Nazaire, built in the center of Sanary-sur-Mer in the 19th century on the site of an earlier church. The building has an interesting Byzantine style facade, and inside you can see various orthodox Christian frescoes – these are beautiful paintings, large and colorful, so make sure you go in for a look – as well as an imposing organ.
You will also see the square 13th-century tower (behind the Hotel de la Tour at the end of the port) that was once part of an important defensive system for the town – it was around this tower that the village originally developed in the middle ages.
Free time in Cassis
After your exploration of Sanary, you will continue heading to another typical fishing port named Cassis. Discover this cute small fishing port as well as the Calanques listed by Unesco as a world heritage national park. The land & sea area is known for its white cliffs and turquoise water. Then make a picture stop at the highest sea cliff in Europe that is named Cape Canaille where you will enjoy a stunning view over the bay. Enjoy some free time for personal discovery, relax on the beach or if time permits, board a motorboat for a 45-minute cruise (tickets not included) to admire the natural beauty of the local creeks (Calanques).
Panoramic short stop in Le Castellet
Finally, finish your tour by a shortstop in the hilltop village of Castellet. This superb little feudal village perched on the tip of its promontory will enchant you with its typical Provencal picturesque setting. You can enter Castellet via 2 fortified gateways then just let yourself wander along the small streets, past the potter’s and the leather craftsman’s workshops, the perfumed candles, ceramics, and jewelry alongside the art galleries and ice-cream sellers.
After your tour, you will be driving back to your cruise ship.
Our other Shore Excursions from Sanary Sur Mer or Bandol
From these ports of call, we offer a large number of day tours departing from Sanary that will take you to all the major sites of the area such as Aix en Provence, Marseille & others cities & villages. Please contact us directly for any further information.
Good to Know
- Tour is in English, other languages on request
- This activity is subject to availability at time of booking
- Tour involves some walking, comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- This tour is not recommended for persons with reduced mobility
- Price is for small groups of 2 to 7 persons
- Our standard cancellation policy applies to this tour – Read More Here.
The Ophorus Difference
Contagious Enthusiasm – ‘We had the most terrific guide! Very knowledgeable and enthusiastic’ – Virginia B. (Delaware, US)
Flexibility – ‘The guides really took an interest in what WE wanted to do’ Paul C. (UK)
Area Locals – ‘He was so much more than a driver. He really added local color and local flavor.’ Daniel W. (Georgia, US)
Read more about the Ophorus experience.