Fantastic fun – Wonderful! everyone should experience it because there is no words to explain &our guide was very good educative fun co-operative.
SAINT MALO SHORE EXCURSION GUIDED WALKING TOUR
Discover Saint Malo with a certified guide
Discover France's most 'privateer' town of France
English speaking guide
Click the Tabs for More Information
€230 total price – From 2 to 10 people maximum
Approximately 2 hours
Private half-day sightseeing tour
Minimum 2 people, maximum 8
Larger groups please contact us
* If you want to share your tour with others, you can put it on Cruise Critic. Most of the time this gives good results. You must do this yourself as we are not accepted on their site as a professional business.
Pick up & Drop off at Cruise Ship in Saint Malo
- English-speaking qualified guide
- Small group option – maximum 10 people per group
- Bottled water in the vehicles
- Entrance fees to monuments or attractions
- Personal insurance & expenses
- Meals, drinks unless mentioned in program
- Gratuities for the driver/guide
* Please note that it will be possible for you to book entrance fees to museums or attractions adapted to this tour during the booking process.
Participate in a commented 2 hour guided tour of Saint Malo with your own personal English speaking certified guide. This Saint Malo Shore Excursion is for small groups only. The group size is limited to a maximum of 10 persons.
Today, your English speaking guide will come and pick you up at your Cruise Port in Saint Malo. Meet your guide who will go over the itinerary and program with you. Then, leave the port and begin to make your way to Saint Malo’s historic city center. The most emblematic ‘Privateer’ Town of France is ready for a visit. Surrounded by remparts made of granite, enter the walled city through the gate of Saint Vincent. Built in the beginning of the 12th century, they remained intact during the bombings of the second world war. Then, from one neighborhood to another, admire the imposing houses of the rich shipowners of beyond. As your tour continues, pass the medieval castle that today houses the History Museum of the town. Next to the castle, the Quic-en-Groigne tower was built under the reign of Anne de Bretagne. Other interesting sites include the old historic city center of St Malo as well as the national Fort that protected the town and was built under the orders of Military engineer Vauban in 1689.
Good to Know
- English speaking tour
- Minimum number of 2 participants applies
- Prices are per group
- Tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Our standard cancellation policy applies to this tour
Very informative and relaxed tour – Our guide was great and gave us ample time to tour and relax. She was very knowledgeable and stayed on time.
Efficient and knowledgeable – Friendly, knowledgeable and efficiently organised. We loved the fact that Alain, our guide, was as excited about visiting the estates as we were. We have used them twice already and will certainly do so again.
Loved every minute of it! – We had a wonderful guide Delphine. She took very good care of us! It was great!
The Ophorus Difference
Contagious Enthusiasm – ‘We had the most terrific guide! Very knowledgeable and enthusiastic’ – Virginia B. (Delaware, US)
Flexibility – ‘The guides really took an interest in what WE wanted to do’ Paul C. (UK)
Area Locals – ‘He was so much more than a driver. He really added local color and local flavor.’ Daniel W. (Georgia, US)
Read more about the Ophorus experience.