Provence Wine Tour Private Half Day Shore Excursion From Toulon
Visit Cassis a seaside Jewel in a dreamy corner of Provence
Taste some of the local Whites and Reds
Hand-Picked Guides Only. English-Speaking, Local Experts
Click the Tabs for More Information
500€ Per Group 2 – 7 persons
- If you want to share your tour with others, you can put it on Cruise Critic. Most of the time this gives good results. You must do this yourself as we are not accepted on their site as a professional business.
All year round, on request
4 Hours (approx.)
Half Day Shore Excursion from Toulon or La Seyne Sur Mer
Minimum 2, Maximum 7.
Larger groups please contact us.
Pick up and drop off at your Cruise Ship located in Toulon or La Seyne Sur Mer
- Pick up and drop off at Ship – Toulon or La Seyne Sur Mer Cruise Ports
- Services of English speaking driver/guide
- Small-Group Private tour limited to 7 persons
- Visit a Winery near Cassis
- Itinerary can be customized
- Transportation in A/C vehicle
- Wine Tasting fees
- Entrance fees to monuments or attractions
- Meals, drinks unless mentioned in the program
- Personal insurance and expenses
- Gratuities for the driver/guide
Pick up at your ship in Toulon Port
Today, we will come and pick you up directly at your ship in Toulon or La Seyne Sur Mer Cruise Port. Meet your English speaking driver/guide who will go over the itinerary and program of this private Provence tour with you.
Then board your A/C vehicle and begin to make your way to the Provence Vineyards located around Cassis. After a short drive composed of breathtaking panoramic views, arrive near the typical fishing port of Cassis. The village is well known for its Calanques national park, beaches, and beautiful port overlooked by a medieval Château.
Reach the Cassis Wine Producing region
Established as a Protected Appellation (AOP) in 1936, Cassis was one of the first in the region to obtain this qualification for the wines produced. The village is one of the few local appellations of the south of France comprised of a single, tiny commune.
While most nearby appellations were originally cultivated by Greek outposts, Cassis is of Ligurian origins. The village of Cassis is Blessed by 3,000 hours of annual sunshine. The cool maritime winds make it truly a spot set aside for gorgeous wines. Listen to your tour guide for all the information concerning Provence Wines.
Taste local Wines
Cassis is the only region in Provence to produce a majority of white wine, regulated to contain at least 80% Marsanne. This varietal adds beautiful aromatics and finesse, an elegant profile for the refreshing, high-quality white wines of Cassis. Clairette is also a common component, adding fresh acidity to balance the body of Marsanne. A touch of red wines and a strong showing of rosé wines are also cultivated in Cassis – blends of Cinsault, Grenache, and Mourvèdre.
This private tour will give you an opportunity to taste the local wines and visit a domain. You will also have some free time in the village to drink coffee, eat ice cream or buy some local souvenirs. Your private guide will also point out the main attractions that can be found in the village.
After your tour, we will drive back to your cruise ship.
Our other Shore Excursions from Toulon
We organise a number of different Toulon shore excursions, full day tours and wine tasting tours to all the main sites of the region including St Tropez or why not visit Cassis for a boat tour in the fabulous Calanques. We also organise shore excursions from the different Cruise Ports of the French Riviera. For more information don’t hesitate to contact us.
Good to Know
- Tour is in English, other languages on request
- This activity is subject to availability at time of booking
- Tour involves some walking, comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- This tour is not recommended for persons with reduced mobility
- Price is for small groups of 2 to 7 persons
- Our standard cancellation policy applies to this tour – Read More Here.
The Ophorus Difference
Contagious Enthusiasm – ‘We had the most terrific guide! Very knowledgeable and enthusiastic’ – Virginia B. (Delaware, US)
Flexibility – ‘The guides really took an interest in what WE wanted to do’ Paul C. (UK)
Area Locals – ‘He was so much more than a driver. He really added local color and local flavor.’ Daniel W. (Georgia, US)
Read more about the Ophorus experience.