Provence Wine Tour Half Day Shore Excursion From Marseille
Discover Provence and Visit the Wine region of Cassis
Hand-Picked Guides Only. English-Speaking, Local Experts
Click the Tabs for More Information
500€ Per Group 2 – 8 persons
- If you want to share your tour with others, you can put it on Cruise Critic. Most of the time this gives good results. You must do this yourself as we are not accepted on their site as a professional business.
All year round on request
4 Hours (approx.)
Half Day Shore Excursion from Marseille
Minimum 2, Maximum 8.
Larger groups please contact us.
Pick up and drop off at your Cruise Ship located in Marseille
- Pick up and drop off at Ship in Marseille
- Services of English speaking driver/guide
- Small-Group Private tour limited to 8 persons
- Visit a Winery near Cassis
- Itinerary can be customized
- Transportation in A/C vehicle
- Wine Tasting fees
- Entrance fees to monuments or attractions
- Meals, drinks unless mentioned in the program
- Personal insurance and expenses
- Gratuities for the driver/guide
* Please note that it will be possible for you to book entrance fees to museums or attractions adapted to this tour during the booking process.
Embark on a vibrant Private Shore Excursion from Marseille Port of Call to discover Provence and Visit the Wine region of Cassis
Today, we will come and pick you up directly at your ship in Marseille Cruise Port. Meet your English speaking driver/guide who will go over the itinerary and program of this private tour with you. Then board your A/C vehicle and begin to make your way to the Côtes de Provence wine-producing region of Cassis.
Reach the Cassis Wine Producing region
Established as a Protected Appellation (AOP) in 1936, Cassis was one of the first vineyards in the region to obtain this qualification for the wines produced. The village is one of the few local appellations of the south of France comprised of a single, tiny commune.
While most nearby appellations were originally cultivated by Greek outposts, Cassis is of Ligurian origins. The village of Cassis is Blessed by 3,000 hours of annual sunshine. The cool maritime winds make it truly a spot set aside for gorgeous wines.
Taste local Wines
Cassis is the only region in Provence to produce a majority of white wine, regulated to contain at least 80% of the Marsanne grape variety. This varietal adds beautiful aromatics and finesse, an elegant profile for the refreshing, high-quality white wines of Cassis. Clairette is also a common component, adding fresh acidity to balance the body of Marsanne. A touch of red wines and a strong showing of rosé wines are also cultivated in Cassis – blends of Cinsault, Grenache, and Mourvèdre.
This private tour will give you an opportunity to taste the local wines and visit a domain. On this winery tour, we have carefully selected a local Domaine where you will sample some wines of Bandol and cassis.
Then, your day trip will move on to Cassis Village. Enjoy some free time in the village to drink coffee, eat ice cream or buy some local souvenirs. Your private guide will also point out the main attractions that can be found in the village.
Our other Shore Excursions from Marseille
From the Cruise Terminal of Marseille, we offer a large number of half-day or full-day tours in Provence that will take you to all the major sites of the area such as hilltop villages, the town of Les Baux de Provence, a combination of the city of Aix en Provence and Cassis, Marseille and Notre Dame de la Garde basilica visit.
We also organize small-group walking tours, food tours of Marseille and can program a boat tour for you and your party if you have time for a full-day excursion. Another great wine region to discover is the Chateauneuf du Pape wine-producing region.
Good to Know
- Tour is in English, other languages on request
- This activity is subject to availability at time of booking
- Tour involves walking, comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- This tour is not recommended for persons with reduced mobility
- Price is for small groups of 2 to 8 persons
- Our standard cancellation policy applies to this tour – Read More Here.
The Ophorus Difference
Contagious Enthusiasm – ‘We had the most terrific guide! Very knowledgeable and enthusiastic’ – Virginia B. (Delaware, US)
Flexibility – ‘The guides really took an interest in what WE wanted to do’ Paul C. (UK)
Area Locals – ‘He was so much more than a driver. He really added local color and local flavor.’ Daniel W. (Georgia, US)
Read more about the Ophorus experience.