Marseille Half Day Shore Excursion From Sanary Sur Mer
Begin the tour with a panoramic view of the city including the Old Port of Marseille
Stop and visit the iconic Notre Dame de la Garde Basilica
Hand-Picked Guides Only. English-Speaking, Local Experts
Click the Tabs for More Information
500€ Per Group 2 – 7 persons
- If you want to share your tour with others, you can put it on Cruise Critic. Most of the time this gives good results. You must do this yourself as we are not accepted on their site as a professional business.
From March to November
4 Hours (approx.)
Half Day Shore Excursion
Minimum 2, Maximum 7.
Larger groups please contact us.
Pick up and drop off at your Cruise Ship located in Sanary Sur Mer or Bandol
- Pick up and drop off at Ship – Sanary Sur Mer or Bandol Port of Call
- Services of English speaking driver/guide
- Small-Group Private tour limited to 7 persons
- Visit Marseille
- Itinerary can be customized
- Transportation in A/C vehicle
- Wine Tasting fees
- Entrance fees to monuments or attractions
- Meals, drinks unless mentioned in the program
- Personal insurance and expenses
- Gratuities for the driver/guide
* Please note that it will be possible for you to book entrance fees to museums or attractions adapted to this tour during the booking process.
Embark on a vibrant Shore Excursion from Sanary sur Mer or Bandol Ports of Call to Visit the City of Marseille!
Today, we will come and pick you up directly at your ship. Meet your English speaking driver/guide who will go over the itinerary and program of this private tour with you. Then board your A/C vehicle and begin to make your way to the city of Marseille.
Panoramic Tour of Marseille
Upon arrival in Marseille, listen to your tour guide who will begin with a panoramic tour of the city including the Old Port of Marseille. Stop and visit the iconic Notre Dame de la Garde basilica located, symbol of the town from where you will enjoy a panoramic view of the Phocéen city. Your guide is flexible, so if you wish to see some other highlights of the City such as the Corniche, the Calanques, the stunning MUCEM museum or the Football stadium then you will need to inform your guide who will adapt the tour to your requirements as long as the timing is not an issue.
Walking Tour in the Historical Town
After the panoramic tour of Marseille, Walking tour around the port and the Panier district. The Old port of Marseille was completely renovated in 2013 and the district is without a doubt the heart of the City. This is where all the major events of Marseille take place and where the crowds meet when they celebrate their football team’s achievements. In the morning, one should not miss the very lively fish market.
The Panier district is another area that one should not miss when visiting Marseille. This popular neighborhood is topped by the Old Charity and is composed of small but steep streets, crossed by multiple stairways and lined with elevated buildings and their colorful façades. Here, take some free time to stroll through the narrow streets and reach Moulin’s square where numerous art galleries, restaurants, cafés and designer boutiques have settled.
After the visit, it will be time to make your way back to your ship located in Sanary sur Mer.
Our other Shore Excursions from Sanary Sur Mer or Bandol
From these ports of call, we offer a large number of day tours departing from Sanary that will take you to all the major sites of the area such as Aix en Provence, Marseille, Cassis or Le Castellet. Please contact us directly for any further information.
Good to Know
- Tour is in English, other languages on request
- This activity is subject to availability at time of booking
- Tour involves some walking, comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- This tour is not recommended for persons with reduced mobility
- Price is for small groups of 2 to 7 persons
- Our standard cancellation policy applies to this tour – Read More Here.
The Ophorus Difference
Contagious Enthusiasm – ‘We had the most terrific guide! Very knowledgeable and enthusiastic’ – Virginia B. (Delaware, US)
Flexibility – ‘The guides really took an interest in what WE wanted to do’ Paul C. (UK)
Area Locals – ‘He was so much more than a driver. He really added local color and local flavor.’ Daniel W. (Georgia, US)
Read more about the Ophorus experience.