Very informative and relaxed tour – Our guide was great and gave us ample time to tour and relax. She was very knowledgeable and stayed on time.
Lourdes Visit from Bordeaux
A One Day Historic Tour To A Most Important City
Visit the Most Important Sites of Lourdes
Get to Know the Historical Places of Bernadette’s Life
Hand-Picked Guides Only. English-Speaking, Local Experts
760€ per group of 2 to 8 persons
Every day on request
All year round except May 1st, Aug. 15th, Dec. 25th, Jan. 1st
Private Day Tour.
Minimum 2, Maximum 8. For larger groups please contact us.
Hotel pick up / Drop off in Bordeaux City Center.
- Pick up and drop off at hotel
- Travel in recent, comfortable & fully equipped Mercedes minivans
- English speaking driver guide
- Bottles of water in the minivan
- Free Wifi access on board
- Hotel pick up in Bordeaux
- Personal expenses
- Meals and drinks
- Entrance fees to monuments, museums or attractions
- Gratuities for the driver/guide
Follow In the Footsteps of Bernadette Soubirous
In 1858, Lourdes become known throughout France and the world after a series of apparitions seen by Bernadette Soubirous. These “Marian apparitions” quickly transformed Lourdes into one of the most important sites of pilgrimage and religious tourism. Today, around six million people visit Lourdes each year. Due to the consistent stream of pilgrims and tourists, Lourdes has become the second most important center of tourism in France, following Paris. It is now the third most important site of international Catholic pilgrimage.
Arrive in Lourdes and start by visiting of the sanctuaries. Here you will not only see the grotto but will also visit the three churches that were built on the site, one on top of the other. After some free time for lunch, join your guide and follow the footsteps of Bernadette. First discover the house of the family when the father ran a mill and then on to the Cachot, a tiny cell in which the family lived during harder times. Return to Bordeaux at the end of the day.
This private tour ensures you enjoy full attention from your guide.
Good to Know
- Confirmation of the tour will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability.
- Tour requires minimum 2 passengers (adults) to operate
- Tour is operated in English, other languages on request
- Tour involves some walking, comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- This tour is not recommended for persons with reduced mobility
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Price is per group
- Currency is in Euro
- Our standard cancellation policy applies to this tour – Read More Here.
Totally enjoyed the experience! – Found the tour guides to be knowledgeable and competent of the area and wineries. They were highly courteous and respectful.
Wonderful tours in Bordeaux – During our stay in Bordeaux, we went on two wine tours. We enjoyed them a lot! My favorite was the tour of Margaux. Delphine is a sweet girl, she is a great tour guide!
Excellent!! – Very nice trip. Our guide Karim was very cool and showed a great knowledge about wines. The wineries visited were very good too!
Great tour to Medoc! – Highly recommend this tour, will do it again next time someone visits. Our guide was enthusiastic, funny and knowledgeable, and we learnt a lot at the château’s we visited.
The Ophorus Difference
Contagious Enthusiasm – ‘We had the most terrific guide! Very knowledgeable and enthusiastic’ – Virginia B. (Delaware, US)
Flexibility – ‘The guides really took an interest in what WE wanted to do’ Paul C. (UK)
Area Locals – ‘He was so much more than a driver. He really added local color and local flavor.’ Daniel W. (Georgia, US)
Read more about the Ophorus experience.