Fantastic fun – Wonderful! everyone should experience it because there is no words to explain &our guide was very good educative fun co-operative.
Les Baux De Provence, Arles & St Remy De Provence Full Day Shore Excursion From Marseille
Enjoy a photo stop on the Plateau des Antiques to admire the Roman triumphal arch and Mausoleum
Visit Saint-Paul de Mausole
Hand-Picked Guides Only. English-Speaking, Local Experts
700€ Per Group of 2-8 people
- If you want to share your tour with others, you can put it on Cruise Critic. Most of the time this gives good results. You must do this yourself as we are not accepted on their site as a professional business.
All year round on request
Private Shore Excursion Tour From Marseille Cruise Port.
Minimum 2, Maximum 8.
Pick up at your cruise ship at Marseille port of call
- Pick up and drop off to ship
- Services of an English speaking driver/guide
- Transport in recent & comfortable compact minivan
- Itinerary as mentioned
- Entrance fees to monuments, museums or attractions unless specified in program
- Meals, drinks
- Personal insurance and expenses
- Gratuities for the guide
Depart your tour driving to St Rémy de Provence village
Enjoy a photo stop on the Plateau des Antiques to admire the Roman triumphal arch and Mausoleum. Visit Saint-Paul de Mausole where Van Gogh stayed a year. This lunatic asylum is where the artist voluntarily admitted himself after his breakdown in December 1888 that resulted in the self-mutilation of his left ear. It is during his stay here that he will achieve some of his most famous paintings including the starry night. Visit the village of Saint Rémy. After the visit, free time for personal discovery. For your information, there is a beautiful Provence Market on Wednesdays.
Then, drive to the Alpilles mountain region that is famous for its vineyards and olive trees. Reach the medieval village of Les Baux-de-Provence built on a rocky spur and from where you will have a breathtaking view of the surrounding Provence Countryside. Enjoy some free time to explore the narrow streets, galleries and the remains of a 10th-century fortress. Visit the carrières de lumières, a unique light and sound show in Europe located in an ancient limestone quarry (entrance fees not included) where the natural 14-meter high limestone walls act like giant screens.
After the visit of Les Baux de Provence village, we will return to Marseille and that will be the end of our services.
Good to Know
- This tour departs from Marseille Port of call
- Tour is for 8 passengers maximum per vehicle
- This tour involves walking some distances, comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible and not recommended for persons with reduced mobility
- Our standard cancellation policy applies to this tour – Read More Here.
Very informative and relaxed tour – Our guide was great and gave us ample time to tour and relax. She was very knowledgeable and stayed on time.
Efficient and knowledgeable – Friendly, knowledgeable and efficiently organised. We loved the fact that Alain, our guide, was as excited about visiting the estates as we were. We have used them twice already and will certainly do so again.
Loved every minute of it! – We had a wonderful guide Delphine. She took very good care of us! It was great!
The Ophorus Difference
Contagious Enthusiasm – ‘We had the most terrific guide! Very knowledgeable and enthusiastic’ – Virginia B. (Delaware, US)
Flexibility – ‘The guides really took an interest in what WE wanted to do’ Paul C. (UK)
Area Locals – ‘He was so much more than a driver. He really added local color and local flavor.’ Daniel W. (Georgia, US)
Read more about the Ophorus experience.