Languedoc Wine Tour Shore Excursion From Sete
Admire the magnificent landscape of the Languedoc region
Participate in commented Languedoc wine tasting session
Hand-Picked Guides Only. English-Speaking, Local Experts
Click the Tabs for More Information
750€ Per Group 2 – 7 persons
- If you want to share your tour with others, you can put it on Cruise Critic. Most of the time this gives good results. You must do this yourself as we are not accepted on their site as a professional business.
All year round on request
8 Hours (approx.)
Full Day Shore Excursion
Minimum 2, Maximum 7.
Larger groups please contact us.
Pick up and drop off at your Cruise Ship located in Sete
- Pick up and drop off at your Cruise Ship in Sete
- Wine tastings sessions (fees not included)
- English speaking guide
- A/C minivan
- Entrance fees and tasting fees
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses & insurance
- Gratuities for the guide
Embark on a vibrant Shore Excursion from Sète to the Languedoc wine producing region
Today we will come and pick you up at your Cruise Ship in Sète Cruise Port. Meet your English speaking driver/guide who will go over the itinerary and program of this full-day trip, wine tasting private Languedoc wine tour with you. Then, board your air-conditioned vehicle and begin to make your way to some of the most famous wine-producing areas.
After your pick up at the Cruise Port in Sète, we will begin our private tour with a drive through the Languedoc Roussillon area that offers a magnificent landscape of rolling hills covered with vines. Reach the first winery where you will have the opportunity to visit the cellars and learn about the history, the local terroir, grape varieties that are used for winemaking. After the tour, participate in a commented wine tasting session.
From there, we will move on to our next stop which is programmed in a second winery that produces a very large range of Languedoc wines. This is also where we will stop for lunch (meal not included in price) as the location is ideal for small group day tours. Here, if you opt for the lunch option, you will taste 3 wines as an aperitif followed by a 3-course typical local meal accompanied by a glass of wine.
Finally, your tour will end with a stop at a third winery that is located in the middle of the vineyards. Here, do not forget to take a look at the stunning Oak barrel cellar before tasting a range of different wines – red, white or rosé depending on your wishes.
After this last visit, it will be time to start making our way back to the Ship. We will end the tour at Sète Cruise port and that will be the end of our services.
Good to Know
- Tour is in English, other languages on request
- This activity is subject to availability at time of booking
- Tour involves some walking, comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- This tour is not recommended for persons with reduced mobility
- Price is for small groups of 2 to 7 persons
- Our standard cancellation policy applies to this tour – Read More Here.
The Ophorus Difference
Contagious Enthusiasm – ‘We had the most terrific guide! Very knowledgeable and enthusiastic’ – Virginia B. (Delaware, US)
Flexibility – ‘The guides really took an interest in what WE wanted to do’ Paul C. (UK)
Area Locals – ‘He was so much more than a driver. He really added local color and local flavor.’ Daniel W. (Georgia, US)
Read more about the Ophorus experience.