We had a wonderful day today! Thank you for setting it up for us – Belinda was a great guide and driver!
D-DAY LANDING BEACHES SHORE EXCURSION FROM LE HAVRE / HONFLEUR
Pick up and drop off at Cruise Ship in Le Havre / Honfleur
Visit the major Normandy D-DAY landing beaches and sites
Tour Conducted by English speaking driver
840€ per group of 2 to 8 persons maximum.
- If you want to share your tour with others, you can put it on Cruise Critic. Most of the time this gives good results. You must do this yourself as we are not accepted on their site as a professional business.
- Internal PA system with live commentaries and descriptions during driving time. Audible for everyone, wherever you are seated.
Departure time will depend on Cruise Ship timing – TBC at time of booking.
9 Hours (approx.)
Full Day Shore Excursion.
Minimum 2, Maximum 8. Larger groups please contact us.
Shared trips are available to be booked by different groups of people. For a tour to be confirmed, we need a minimum booking of 2 people.
Pick up and drop off at Ship – Le Havre or Honfleur Cruise Port
- Services of English speaking driver
- Small Group Private tour limited to 8 persons
- Transportation to Normandy D-DAY Sites
- Itinerary can be customized
- Transportation in A/C vehicle
- Entrance fees to monuments or attractions
- Meals, drinks unless mentioned in the program
- Personal insurance and expenses
- Gratuities for the driver
* Please Note: that it will be possible for you to book entrance fees to museums or attractions adapted to this tour during the booking process.
Embark on a vibrant Shore Excursion from Le Havre or Honfleur Port of Call to the main Normandy landing beaches and D-Day sites!
Departing from Le Havre or Honfleur Cruise Ports, this Normandy private tour will take you to the coastal battlefield grounds. On June 6, 1944, the allied troops landed on the Normandy beaches, marking the beginning of a fierce and deadly battle that would culminate in the liberation of France a few months later.
Among the allied troops, the Americans landed on two different beaches, later named Omaha and Utah. Today, our Normandy private shore excursion is taking you to Omaha beach, where the deadliest of the landings took place. Even though bombings occurred before the landing itself, they failed to neutralize the German positions in that sector. In addition, troops and amphibian vehicles were disembarked too far from the shore, leading to an absolute failure and thousands of men being killed under German fire.
Now off to the cliffs
A little bit to the West, your private tour of Normandy will head to the Pointe du Hoc, a breathtaking cliff offering lunar landscapes and a magnificent viewpoint over the English Channel. Given the toughness of the operation, the Pointe du Hoc was given to Rangers to land upon. The battle was rough, as the Point du Hoc had been built as a key point of the Atlantic Wall by the Germans – it was the highest point between Utah beach and Omaha beach and provided a great observation spot to notice any unfriendly arrivals from the sea. You can still see an artillery battery there and feel as if it was still this faithful June morning…
Normandy American Cemetery
End the tour with a stop at the Normandy American Cemetery. Located in Colleville-sur-Mer, on the site of the temporary American St. Laurent Cemetery, established by the U.S. First Army on June 8, 1944 as the first American cemetery on European soil in World War II. Here you will have some time to walk around and pay homage but also visit the Visitor Center that provides a fuller array of visitor services to put the D-Day landings in perspective as one of the greatest military achievements in history.
After the visit, return to Le Havre or Honfleur and drop off at your ship.This private tour can accommodate a maximum of 8 persons per minivan. During the whole day, one of our certified English-speaking driver guide will be by your side to explain the history behind each Normandy tourist sites you will visit. The tour is fully customizable depending on your wishes. If you would like to add a visit that is missing from this description, do not hesitate to let us know!
Good to Know
- English speaking tour.
- Minimum number of 2 participants applies.
- Prices are per group of 2 to 8 persons.
- Our standard cancellation policy applies to this tour – Read More Here.
See you soon in Normandy!
Contagious Enthusiasm – ‘We had the most terrific guide! Very knowledgeable and enthusiastic’ – Virginia B. (Delaware, US)
Flexibility – ‘The guides really took an interest in what WE wanted to do’ Paul C. (UK)
Area Locals – ‘He was so much more than a driver. He really added local color and local flavor.’ Daniel W. (Georgia, US)
Read more about the Ophorus experience.