Excellent trip – Lovely area, well selected vineyards and Aude was an excellent guide. Highly recommended and one if the highlights of our trip.
Colmar Visit & Alsace Wines Private Tour From Strasbourg
Experience the Villages, Wines and Natural Wonders of the Alsace Region
Spectacular views of the mountainous Black Forest on Germany’s border with France
Explore the enchanting village of Colmar
Hand-Picked Guides Only. English-Speaking, Local Experts
510€ Per Group from 2 to 8 persons
Available all year round, on request, except May 1st, Dec. 25th and Jan. 1st
Private Sightseeing Tour.
Minimum 2, Maximum 8.
Pick up from your centrally located hotel in Strasbourg.
- Hotel pick up and return in Strasbourg
- Guided walking tour of Colmar. Enjoy some free time after the visit
- Visit and wine tasting in two carefully selected wineries
- English speaking driver guide
- Travel in recent, comfortable & fully equipped minivan
- Bottled water in the minivan
- Free Wifi access on board
- Entrance fees to monuments & attractions unless specified
- Personal insurance and expenses
- Meals, drinks & wine tasting fees
- Gratuities for the driver/guide
Described by Frommer’s as “one of the most attractive towns in Alsace,” Colmar is situated in east-central France, in a border region that was once disputed between France and Germany.
In the morning depart from Strasbourg and drive to the city of Colmar. Follow your guide and discover through a privatized guided walking tour all the most significant monuments and attractions that this beautiful town has to offer. The city is renowned for its well preserved old town, its numerous architectural landmarks and its museums, among which is the Unterlinden Museum with the Issenheim Altarpiece.
After some free time for personal discovery and lunch, follow the Alsace wine route and participate in several wine tasting sessions in authentic ‘caveau’, the local name for wineries. During the afternoon, you will have the opportunity to taste the many different grape varieties that are used to create Alsace wines: Pinot Blanc, Pinot Gris, Muscat, Gewürztraminer, Riesling, Sylvaner.
This private tour ensures you enjoy full attention from your guide.
Good to Know
- Minimum number of 2 participants applies
- Tour is operated in English, other languages on request
- Tour involves some walking, comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- This tour is not recommended for persons with reduced mobility
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Prices are per minivan (not per person)
- Currency is in Euro
- Our standard cancellation policy applies to this tour – Read More Here.
Great wine tasting trip – A tour through beautiful country with a knowledgeable tour leader to visit wineries. Each winery had a range of tastings and a good discourse on the growing of the grape and the wine produced.
Great experience and a lovely guide – With our very nice guide Daniele, a very well mixed group of members and some amazing wines, this trip was totally worth it.
Don’t miss this tour!! – We had a great time on the Alsace wine route tour. Flo was very friendly, warm and entertaining! We all fell in love with the picturesque little villages along the way and of course the wine was spectacular!
Great morning winetasting – We had a great time visiting two wineries in a morning, as well as driving through the Alsace countryside and having some time to explore the small towns. Great guide too.
Wonderful Trip! – Our guide Bridgette and the tour was wonderful and a perfect amount of time (and wine)! We loved seeing little towns and sampling some of Alsace’s finest wines! Memories of a lifetime!
The Ophorus Difference
Contagious Enthusiasm – ‘We had the most terrific guide! Very knowledgeable and enthusiastic’ – Virginia B. (Delaware, US)
Flexibility – ‘The guides really took an interest in what WE wanted to do’ Paul C. (UK)
Area Locals – ‘He was so much more than a driver. He really added local color and local flavor.’ Daniel W. (Georgia, US)
Read more about the Ophorus experience.