Carcassonne Shore Excursion From Port Vendres
Explore the Famous Castle & Ramparts
Visit Other Landmarks Such As the Basilica of Saint Nazaire
Hand-Picked Guides Only. English-Speaking, Local Experts
Click the Tabs for More Information
700€ Per Group 2 – 7 persons
- If you want to share your tour with others, you can put it on Cruise Critic. Most of the time this gives good results. You must do this yourself as we are not accepted on their site as a professional business.
From March to November
5 Hours (approx.)
Half Day Shore Excursion from Port Vendres
Minimum 2, Maximum 7.
Larger groups please contact us.
Pick up and drop off at your Cruise Ship located in Port Vendres
- Pick up at your Cruise Port in Port Vendres
- Walking tour in Carcassonne
- Free time to explore on your own
- English speaking guide
- A/C Vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses & insurance
- Gratuities for the Guide
Capture The Best Of Carcassonne on this Half Day Private Shore Excursion from Port Vendres
Embark on a vibrant Shore Excursion from Port Vendres Port of Call to the Medieval Fortress of Carcassonne.
Pick up at your Ship in Port Vendres
From Port Vendres Cruise Port depart for a half-day tour to the fortified city of Carcassonne one of the most famous Unesco World Heritage Sites of the region. On this half-day trip to Carcassonne, we will first come and pick you up at your Ship located in Port Vendres. Meet your English speaking driver who will go over the itinerary and program of the day with you. Then you will board your air-conditioned vehicle and it will be time to drive off to this day’s destination. The drive from Port Vendres to Carcassonne is under 2 hours. As you drive, admire the Languedoc landscape with its rolling hills, fields of bright yellow sunflowers and of course the Canal du Midi that you will follow until Carcassonne.
Visit UNESCO World Heritage Site of Carcassonne
Reach the Medieval City of Carcassonne that looks like some fairy-tale medieval city. Bathed in the late-afternoon sunshine and highlighted by dark clouds, La Cité, as the old walled city is known, is truly breathtaking. The visit of the Saint Nazaire Basilica with its outstanding stained-glass windows that date back to the middle ages is a must during your walking tour. After the visit to the Cité, enjoy some free time for personal discovery. Then, we will drive you back to your ship in Port Vendres and that will be the end of our services.
Good to Know
- Tour is conducted in English, other languages on request
- This activity is subject to availability at time of booking
- Tour involves some walking, comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- This tour is not recommended for persons with reduced mobility
- Price is for small groups of 2 to 7 persons
- Our standard cancellation policy applies to this tour – Read More Here.
The Ophorus Difference
Contagious Enthusiasm – ‘We had the most terrific guide! Very knowledgeable and enthusiastic’ – Virginia B. (Delaware, US)
Flexibility – ‘The guides really took an interest in what WE wanted to do’ Paul C. (UK)
Area Locals – ‘He was so much more than a driver. He really added local color and local flavor.’ Daniel W. (Georgia, US)
Read more about the Ophorus experience.