BORDEAUX VISIT & MEDOC FULL DAY TOUR FROM LE VERDON
Pick up and drop off at Le Verdon Cruise Port
Guided walking tour of Bordeaux
Visit and Wine tasting in carefully selected Bordeaux Wineries
Hand-Picked Guides Only. English-Speaking, Local Experts
1200€ per group of 2 to 8 persons.
For larger groups don’t hesitate to contact us we can accommodate groups of up to 19 persons with transportation in a VIP Mercedes Minibus.
Daily departures at 9.00am.
10 Hours (approx.)
Full Day Tour.
Minimum 2, Maximum 8. Larger groups please contact us.
Pick up in Le Verdon Port of Call
- 2h Guided walking tour of Bordeaux adapted to your pace
- Pre-booking in 1 or 2 Selected wineries
- English speaking driver wine/guide
- Bottled water in the minivan
- Travel in recent, comfortable & fully equipped minivans
- Free Wifi access onboard the vehicle
- Tasting fees in the wineries (unless booked as extras)
- Entrance fees to monuments, museums attractions
- Meals and drinks
- Personal insurance and expenses
- Gratuities for the guide
*All extras adapted to this tour will be suggested during the booking process.
Our Enthusiastic Guides Will Share Bordeaux’s Transformation with You.
Welcome to Bordeaux! Come and discover one of the most fascinating French towns. Coined the “Sleeping Beauty”, the city has over gone a radical transformation leading it to be declared UNESCO World Heritage in 2007. During our private guided walking tour of Bordeaux, you will discover the most famous monuments and landmarks that the city has to offer. Bordeaux has been classified a “City of Art and History” and is home to one of Europe’s largest collection of 18th-Century architecture. Enjoy a guided walking tour of Bordeaux.
As you walk through imposing squares and handsome avenues, you will see big-ticket attractions such as the neo-classical Grand Théâtre, conceived as a “Temple to the Arts and Light” or the Cathedral of St Andrew where young Eleanor of Aquitaine married Louis VII. Your accredited/licensed tour guide can be flexible on the itinerary but will definitely include the most famous landmarks. After the walking tour, free time for lunch and personal discovery. In the afternoon, depart for the Medoc wine region.
Discover the Magic of Medoc Wine
The Medoc area covers approximately 5,700 hectares of declared vineyards, annually producing on average 300,000 hectoliters of wine. Of the grape varieties permitted, 50% of the viticultural area is planted with Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, and to a lesser extent Petit Verdot and Malbec. Also allowed within the AOC regulations are the varieties Cabernet Franc and Carménère.
As we make our way back to Le Verdon, you will follow the famous Chateau Road and cross some of the most famous Medoc appellations such as Margaux, Saint Julien, Pauillac or Saint Estephe. In the afternoon we will make a stop in one of these appellations for a tour & tasting in a carefully selected winery that create wines in which Cabernet Sauvignon is the predominant grape variety used in the blend. After a visit of the installations, you will experience a commented wine tasting session.
After the winery tour, we will drop you off at Le Verdon Port of Call.
Good to Know
- Confirmation of the tour will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability.
- Tour requires minimum 2 passengers (adults) to operate
- Tour is operated in English, other languages on request
- Tour involves some walking, comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- This tour is not recommended for persons with reduced mobility
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Price is per group
- Our standard cancellation policy applies to this tour – Read More Here.
The Ophorus Difference
Contagious Enthusiasm – ‘We had the most terrific guide! Very knowledgeable and enthusiastic’ – Virginia B. (Delaware, US)
Flexibility – ‘The guides really took an interest in what WE wanted to do’ Paul C. (UK)
Area Locals – ‘He was so much more than a driver. He really added local color and local flavor.’ Daniel W. (Georgia, US)
Read more about the Ophorus experience.