Very informative and relaxed tour – Our guide was great and gave us ample time to tour and relax. She was very knowledgeable and stayed on time.
Bordeaux Historical Walking Tour
A 2 Hour Exploration of Bordeaux’s History
Visit the Famous Landmarks That Showcase Bordeaux’s Past
Visit the Grand Théâtre and the Cathedral of St Andrew Where Young Eleanor of Aquitaine Married Louis VII
Hand-Picked Guides Only. English-Speaking, Local Experts
200€ Per Group
Minimum 2 People, Max Group Size 30.
Available all year round, on request, except May 1st, Dec. 25th, Jan. 1st
Private Walking Tour
Tour begins at hotel or dedicated pickup point TBC.
- Pick up and return at hotel in Bordeaux center
- Services of a certified English speaking tour guide
- 2 hour tour
- Personal insurance and expenses
- Meals and drinks
- Entrance fees to monuments, museums, attractions
- Gratuities for the guide
Our Enthusiastic Guides Will Share Bordeaux’s Transformation with You
Welcome to Bordeaux! Come and discover one of the most fascinating French towns. Coined the “Sleeping Beauty”, the city has over gone a radical transformation leading it to be declared UNESCO World Heritage in 2007.
During our private guided walking tour of Bordeaux, you will discover the most famous monuments and landmarks that the city has to offer. Bordeaux has been classified a “City of Art and History” and is home to one of Europe’s largest collection of 18th-Century architecture.
As you walk through imposing squares and handsome avenues, you will see big-ticket attractions such as the neo-classical Grand Théâtre, conceived as a “Temple to the Arts and Light” or the Cathedral of St Andrew where young Eleanor of Aquitaine married Louis VII.
Your accredited/licensed tour guide can be flexible on the itinerary but will definitely include the most famous landmarks.
Good to Know
- Tour requires minimum 2 passengers (adults) to operate
- Tour is operated in English, other languages on request
- All guides are French locals who are fully licensed. Our guides are just like France: warm, interesting and passionate.
- Tour involves some walking, comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- This tour is not recommended for persons with reduced mobility
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Price is per group, from 2 to maximum 15 persons
- Currency is in Euro
- Our standard cancellation policy applies to this tour – Read More Here.
Totally enjoyed the experience! – Found the tour guides to be knowledgeable and competent of the area and wineries. They were highly courteous and respectful.
Wonderful tours in Bordeaux – During our stay in Bordeaux, we went on two wine tours. We enjoyed them a lot! My favorite was the tour of Margaux. Delphine is a sweet girl, she is a great tour guide!
Excellent!! – Very nice trip. Our guide Karim was very cool and showed a great knowledge about wines. The wineries visited were very good too!
Great tour to Medoc! – Highly recommend this tour, will do it again next time someone visits. Our guide was enthusiastic, funny and knowledgeable, and we learnt a lot at the château’s we visited.
The Ophorus Difference
Contagious Enthusiasm – ‘We had the most terrific guide! Very knowledgeable and enthusiastic’ – Virginia B. (Delaware, US)
Flexibility – ‘The guides really took an interest in what WE wanted to do’ Paul C. (UK)
Area Locals – ‘He was so much more than a driver. He really added local color and local flavor.’ Daniel W. (Georgia, US)
Read more about the Ophorus experience.