Aix-en-Provence visit half day shore excursion from Marseille
Visit the charming small town of Aix-en-Provence
See important sites, such as the city's many famous fountains
Hand-Picked Guides Only. English-Speaking, Local Experts
Click the Tabs for More Information
500€ Per Group 2 – 8 persons
- If you want to share your tour with others, you can put it on Cruise Critic. Most of the time this gives good results. You must do this yourself as we are not accepted on their site as a professional business.
All year round on request
4 Hours (approx.)
Half Day Shore Excursion from Marseille
Minimum 2, Maximum 8.
Larger groups please contact us.
Pick up and drop off at your Cruise Ship located in Marseille
- Pick up and drop off at Ship – Marseille
- Services of English speaking driver/guide
- Small-Group Private tour limited to 8 persons
- Visit Aix-en-Provence
- Itinerary can be customized
- Transportation in A/C vehicle
- Entrance fees to monuments or attractions
- Meals, drinks unless mentioned in program
- Personal insurance and expenses
- Gratuities for the driver/guide
* Please note that it will be possible for you to book entrance fees to museums or attractions adapted to this tour during the booking process.
Embark on a vibrant Private Shore Excursion from Marseille Port of Call to Visit the charming small town of Aix en Provence
Pick up at your Cruise ship in Marseille
Today, we will come and pick you up directly at your ship in Marseille Cruise Port. Meet your English speaking driver/guide who will go over the itinerary and program of this private tour with you. Then board your A/C vehicle and begin to make your way to the town of Aix en Provence.
Arrive in Aix en Provence
In the morning or the afternoon, participate in a private small group day trip from Marseille to Aix en Provence. The small town of Aix en Provence is known as the City of Water and City of Fine Arts. The number of fountains that are located in Aix is quite unusual and about 30 of them are considered to be Architectural highlights. Fontaine des Trois Ormaux, Fontaine Miollis or the amazing Fontaine Moussue – covered with moss – all date back to the 17th century. Your guided tour of Aix en Provence historical city center will certainly include some fountains and show you how important water is to the town.
Visit the Historical City Center
During your walking tour, you will also visit the historical old town of Aix en Provence. Admire the finesse of wrought iron sculpted on the balconies of the Houses that line Cours Mirabeau, Albertas square and the 17th century town hall. Other landmarks include Saint Saveur Cloister and the nearby Cathedral.
Aix en Provence is also home to Fine Arts. One can follow the footsteps of famous painter Paul Cézanne. Born in Aix en Provence, the painter is also buried here in the Saint Peter cemetery. it is possible today to visit his Painting Studio where one can still admire furniture, equipment and tiny details that will connect you with his life.
After the visit, enjoy some free time for personal discovery before returning to your ship in Marseille.
Our other Shore Excursions from Marseille
From the Cruise Terminal of Marseille, we offer a large number of half day or full day tours in Provence that will take you to all the major sites of the area such as hilltop villages, the town of les baux de provence, a combination of aix en provence and cassis, marseille and notre dame de la garde basilica visit. We also organise tours of Marseille and can program a boat tour for you and your party.
Good to Know
- Tour is in English, other languages on request
- This activity is subject to availability at time of booking
- Tour involves walking, comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- This tour is not recommended for persons with reduced mobility
- Price is for small groups of 2 to 8 persons
- Our standard cancellation policy applies to this tour – Read More Here.
The Ophorus Difference
Contagious Enthusiasm – ‘We had the most terrific guide! Very knowledgeable and enthusiastic’ – Virginia B. (Delaware, US)
Flexibility – ‘The guides really took an interest in what WE wanted to do’ Paul C. (UK)
Area Locals – ‘He was so much more than a driver. He really added local color and local flavor.’ Daniel W. (Georgia, US)
Read more about the Ophorus experience.