Very informative and relaxed tour – Our guide was great and gave us ample time to tour and relax. She was very knowledgeable and stayed on time.
A Taste of Dordogne From Bordeaux
Hop Over to the History of the Dordogne On This Day Trip
See the Famous Lascaux IV Cave and Admire Paleolithic Art
Experience the Magic of France in the Villages Of Beynac and La Roque Gageac
Hand-Picked Guides Only. English-Speaking, Local Experts
730€ per group of 2 to 8 persons.
For larger groups don’t hesitate to contact us we can accommodate groups of up to 19 persons with transportation in a VIP Mercedes Minibus.
Available all year round, on request, except May 1st, Dec. 25th, Jan. 1st
Fully customizable Private Wine Tour. Let us know what you would like to visit in the Dordogne and we will adapt the tour according to your wishes. Highlights of the Dordogne region include:
- Lascaux IV cave and museum
- Font de Gaume cave with original paintings
- Villages of the Dordogne Valley
- Beautiful town of Sarlat – market days on Wednesday & Saturday
- Catles & Gardens
Hotel pick up / drop off in Bordeaux.
- Pick up and drop off at hotel in Bordeaux
- Travel in recent, comfortable & fully equipped Mercedes minivans
- English-speaking driver guide
- Bottled water in the minivan
- Free Wifi access on board
- Tasting fees, entrance fees
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for the driver/guide
Dordogne - Famous For History and Its Culinary Capital, Sarlat
Thousands of years ago, unknown artists created breathtaking etchings, drawings and paintings on the walls of caves of which the most extraordinary examples are found in the Dordogne area. The Dordogne region is also famous for its outstanding quality and diversity of food and the culinary capital of the area is without a doubt Sarlat.
The region is also home to more than 1000 Castles and Manors that date back to the Hundred Years War as both English and French fought to possess the area. Most of the castles line the Dordogne River and are perfect examples of medieval military architecture.
Pick up in the morning at your centrally located Bordeaux hotel and depart towards the Dordogne Region. By Bergerac, arrive in the small village of Beynac to discover its medieval streets, castle and the magnificent vue over the Dordogne valley. Then reach Sarlat, a town that has kept its 16th and 17th century architecture making it one of the most well preserved towns of France of that period of time. Finally, reach Montignac where the world famous cave of Lascaux IV is located. Here, follow an English guided tour of the cave – a perfect reproduction of the original – and awe at some of the most magical paintings, masterpieces of Paleolithic Art.
This private tour ensures you enjoy full attention from your guide.
Good to Know
- Confirmation of the tour will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability.
- Tour requires minimum 2 passengers (adults) to operate
- Tour is operated in English, other languages on request
- Tour involves some walking, comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- This tour is not recommended for persons with reduced mobility
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Price is per group
- Prices are listed as a guide only
- Currency is in Euro
- Our standard cancellation policy applies to this tour – Read More Here.
Totally enjoyed the experience! – Found the tour guides to be knowledgeable and competent of the area and wineries. They were highly courteous and respectful.
Wonderful tours in Bordeaux – During our stay in Bordeaux, we went on two wine tours. We enjoyed them a lot! My favorite was the tour of Margaux. Delphine is a sweet girl, she is a great tour guide!
Excellent!! – Very nice trip. Our guide Karim was very cool and showed a great knowledge about wines. The wineries visited were very good too!
Great tour to Medoc! – Highly recommend this tour, will do it again next time someone visits. Our guide was enthusiastic, funny and knowledgeable, and we learnt a lot at the château’s we visited.
The Ophorus Difference
Contagious Enthusiasm – ‘We had the most terrific guide! Very knowledgeable and enthusiastic’ – Virginia B. (Delaware, US)
Flexibility – ‘The guides really took an interest in what WE wanted to do’ Paul C. (UK)
Area Locals – ‘He was so much more than a driver. He really added local color and local flavor.’ Daniel W. (Georgia, US)
Read more about the Ophorus experience.