Departure from Strasbourg
From April to October included
From 09:00 to 17:00
This morning depart for a full day wine tour in the Alsace vineyards. The Alsace Wine Route winds its way from north to south, for more than 170 kilometers (106 miles) along the eastern foothills of the Vosges. It has become famous the world over for its exceptional natural beauty as it leads visitors across rows of undulating, vine-covered hills, and through quaint villages.
Begin the day with a stop in the Mittelbergheim / Barr wine producing regions. The area is home to the Zotzenberg, Kastelberg, Wiebelsberg and Kirchberg Grand Crus and the soils found here are particularly favorable for Riesling. Here,experience your first Alsace wine discovery by tasting a selection of different wines including Pinot Blanc, Sylvaner and Riesling.
Continue on to Dambach la ville wine area. The village itself is considered to be located at the heart of the Alsace wine region and is home to the Grand Cru Frankstein. Riesling and Gewurztraminer are particularly well adapted to the well-drained granite-mica scree which filters water and retains heat well. Enjoy a second wine tasting session in a typical “caveau”, the name given to the local wineries.
After some free time for lunch depart for the Ribeauvillé/Riquewihr wine producing area that is surrounded by 5 Grand Crus appellations: Geisberg, Kirchberg, Osterberg, Schoenenbourg and Sporen. If Riesling is without a doubt the king of grapes in this area, Pinot Gris, Muscat and Gewürztraminer are also known to produce excellent wines on the neighboring soils. Here famous wine growers include the Trimbach family that have been making wine since 1626 or the Hugel family who only began their activity in 1639! Not only will you be amazed by the beauty of these two Medieval towns, it is also here that you will experience our afternoon tasting sessions in one of the most highly selected wineries so as to complete your Alsace wine tasting experience. Return to Strasbourg.
Inclusions / Exclusions
1. Wine tasting in 3 typical wineries
2. English speaking driver guide
3. Travel in recent, comfortable & fully equipped minivans
4. Free Wifi access on board
1. Personal insurance and expenses
3. Gratuities for the driver/guide
4. Entrance fees to monuments, museums, attractions
Strasbourg Tourism Office
17 Place de la Cathedral, STRASBOURG
Pick up information
Hotel pick up is not available
Tour returns to original departure point
- Maximum 8 persons per tour
- Tour requires minimum 2 passengers (adults) to operate
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Winery visits are not private.
- Prices are listed as a guide only
- Not suitable for infants under age of 4
- Children aged 4 - 12 years: half price
- Prices are per person
- Currency is in Euro
Possible languages: English