Departure from Strasbourg
From November 25th to December 23rd
From 09:30 to 16:30
It was in Strasbourg in 1570 that the very first edition of the oldest Christmas market in Europe took place, then called the "Christkindelsmärik" (market of the Infant Jesus). Since this time, Strasbourg has continued the tradition of a traditional, authentic, warm and generous Alsatian Christmas. However, Strasbourg is not the only town to host Christmas Markets. The arrival of the little wooden huts in the town squares of Alsace's towns and villages is also a major event. The Christmas markets mark the return of time-honored festivities. A world of delicious fragrances, delightful craft goods and lights quickly takes shape along the rows, where some surprising and mouthwatering discoveries await the markets’ visitors.
This morning depart from Strasbourg and head towards Colmar. Christmas
in Colmar’s Historical town center means a historic setting made magical by amazing
Christmas illuminations that blend perfectly with the wonderful lighting
designed to enhance the town’s heritage. The pedestrian city center with its
major architectural treasures that stretch from the Middle Ages to the 19th
century is decorated like in a dream, a veritable open-air theatre where the
warm Christmas mood envelops the heart of the town. Here, enjoy some free time in the city to discover one or several Christmas Markets on your own, as the town holds 5 different markets.
Then, depart along the famous Alsace Wine Route to pass through some of the most beautiful villages of Alsace. The afternoon program will depend on the date of your tour. Eguisheim or Bergheim (Christmas Cribs tour) villages host a market every single day. On the 25th, 26th and 27th of November you will certainly stop in Kaysersberg where one of the most authentic Christmas markets is held. On the 3rd/4th and 10th/11th of December, your stop will certainly include the Christmas Markets of Riquewihr or Ribeauvillé as this is when he Medieval markets are being held.
After the tour of the villages return to Strasbourg and end of our services.
Inclusions / Exclusions
1. Free time at the Christmas markets in Colmar
2. Visit of Christmas markets in local villages
3. English speaking driver guide
4. Travel in recent, comfortable & fully equipped minivans
5. Free Wifi access on board
1. Personal insurance and expenses
3. Gratuities for the driver/guide
4. Entrance fees to monuments, museums, attractions unless mentioned
Meeting Point: Place Gutenberg, next to the Statue
Pick up information
Tour returns to original departure point
- Maximum 8 persons per tour
- Tour requires minimum 2 passengers (adults) to operate
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Winery visits are not private.
- Prices are listed as a guide only
- Not suitable for infants under age of 4
- Children aged 4 - 12 years: half price
- Prices are per person
- Currency is in Euro
Possible languages: English