Departure from Bordeaux
From May to October included unavailable in August
From 09:30 to 18:30
Follow your guide on an Exclusive wine tour experience dedicated to the
wine region known as the right bank! Today you will be the hosts of
unique Chateaus, all visits being privatized for our small group.
Your main destination will be the Saint Emilion wine producing appellation where Merlot is the predominant grape variety. At first, enjoy a private visit and wine tasting in classified growth Chateau de Ferrand. Here not only will you discover and understand the work, chemistry & technical complexity involved in the wine making process, you will also be introduced to special tasting with wine taken directly from the Oak Barrel.
Then, discover the village of Saint Emilion and enjoy a unique private guided tour of the underground monuments of the village including the fascinating monolithic church and hermitage. After some free time for lunch and personal discovery, depart for 1st Classified Growth Chateau Beauséjour Bécot. After the visit of the installations and of the underground quarries, participate in a wine tasting session of these fabulous wines paired with a local delicacy, the macarons of Saint Emilion.
Finally, end the day with a visit and wine tasting session in one of the most famous appellations of the region, Pomerol. Chateau de Sales, one of the largest Chateaus of the appellation will welcome our group and after discovering the long history of the Chateau as well as the beautiful grounds, your wine tasting session will be paired with a selection of carefully selected cheeses. Return to Bordeaux.
Inclusions / Exclusions
1. 3 Visits and tasting at selected wineries
2. Unique Barrel tasting experience
3. Private visit of the underground monuments in St Emilion
4. Commented cheese and wine pairing at a winery
5. Services of an English speaking driver guide
6. Bottles of water in the minivan
7. All Wine tasting fees in the wineries
8. Free Wifi access on board
1. Personal insurance & expenses
2. Meals and drinks
3. Gratuities for the driver/guide
Pick up zone: In front of the central Bordeaux tourism office located 12 cours du 30 Juillet 33000 BORDEAUX
Pick up information
Hotel pick up not available
Tour returns at departure point
Wednesday and Friday during the month of May, June, July, September, October
- Maximum 8 persons per tour
- Tour requires minimum 2 passengers (adults) to operate
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Chateau visits during this tour are private
- If for some unforeseen reason one of the Chateaus could not be visited, we will replace the visit with another Chateau of equal standard of classification and service.
- Prices are listed as a guide only
- Not suitable for infants under 4
- Children aged 4 - 12 years: half price
- Prices are per person
- Currency is in EUR
Possible languages: English