Departure from Strasbourg
From April to October included
From 09:30 to 18:30
This tour has been carefully designed for travelers that wish to get the most out of their stay here in Alsace. The Pearls of Alsace tour combines what we believe are the most essential visits that one must make while in the region. It includes the visits of towns, monuments, small traditional villages, a wine tasting session and historical landmarks.
Pick up in Strasbourg and depart for the beautiful town of Colmar.
Discover the charm of the old town, its prestigious monuments, the
Pfister house, the Koïfhus, Saint Martin
collegiate church, and the picturesque neighborhoods of small Venice or
of the tanners.
Then depart for the most beautiful village of Eguisheim.
Surrounded by vineyards, the narrow and concentric streets highlight
the architectural merits of its half-timbered houses, lovingly decorated
with flowers. After a walk in the village participate in a wine
tasting session to discover the world renowned Alsace wines in a typical
Your tour then continues on to the beautiful town of Riquewihr.
Surrounded by ramparts, the village has been very fortunate to survive
war and destruction. Its tiny streets,
fortified walls and old houses have preserved their 16C splendor
virtually intact, making for remarkable architectural harmony. Free time
for personal discovery and lunch.
After lunch you will follow the breathtaking Alsace ‘Wine Route’.
Located between the Rhine valley and the Vosges mountain range, the 60
year old route winds across the slopes for more than 170 kms. The
itinerary leads across rows of undulating, vine covered
hills, and through quaint villages with narrow streets and charming
flower decked houses clustered around the local church steeple.
Finally, reach Haut Koenigsbourg castle. Here, follow your guide for a tour of this mighty fortress that overlooks the valley. Built in 12th century, the Castle occupied a strategic position controlling the wine and wheat routes to the North and the salt route that came from the East. After the visit return to Strasbourg.
Inclusions / Exclusions
1. Guided walking tour of Colmar
2. Visit of Eguisheim village
3. Wine tasting in a typical wine stub
4. Visit of Riquewihr
5. Follow the Alsace wine route
6. Visit of Haut Koenigsbourg castle
7. English speaking driver guide
8. Travel in recent, comfortable & fully equipped minivan
9. Free Wifi access on board
1. Personal insurance and expenses
2. Meals & drinks
3. Gratuities for the driver/guide
4. Entrance fees to monuments & attractions unless specified
In front of Strasbourg Tourism Office: 17 Place de la Cathedrale 67000 STRASBOURG
Pick up information
Hotel pick up is not available
Tour returns to departure point
- Maximum 8 persons per tour
- Tour requires minimum 2 passengers (adults) to operate
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Tour involves long walking distances, stairs, cobblestone streets
- Winery visits are not private
- Prices are listed as a guide only
- Not suitable for infants under age of 4
- Children aged 4 - 12 years: half price
- Prices are per person
- Currency is in Euro
Possible languages: English